Tuesday 23 June 2020

Theaters and Halls in Sapporo

There are some theaters and halls in Sapporo. Today, I will tell you about some of them.


1.  Sapporo Concert Hall Kitara

It is usually called Kitara and located in Nakajima Park. It was first built for classical concerts in Sapporo. There are two halls in Kitara. The big one has 2,008 seats and a pipe organ. The small one has 453 seats. Some school brass bands and choirs hold their concerts in Kitara.



I have been to Kitara about five times. This is one of the pictures. 



In this concert, I enjoyed a wonderful orchestra performance! 


2.  SAPPORO CULTURAL CENTER Hitaru

It is a new theater built in 2018. Some people call it Hitaru. It has 2302 seats and four floors and an orchestra pit. 


I saw the opening performance of “AIDA”. It was my first time to see an opera.


Our university’s entrance ceremony was also held in hitaru in 2019. Many freshers and their parents went there.



3. Kanamoto Hall (Sapporo Civic Hall)

It is a 1 minute walk from Exit 31 of Odori Station to this hall. It has 1500 seats. Concerts, plays and lectures are usually held in this hall.


When I was an elementary school student, my school had a chorus festival in Kanamoto Hall formerly known as Sapporo Shimin Kaikan. Last year, I went there to see the musical, “The cat teaching a seagull how to fly (カモメに飛ぶことを教えた猫)”. 



These are my recommended halls in Sapporo. Please visit and enjoy concerts and plays!


(Honoka K)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Honoka,
    Kitara looks very nice.
    I want to visit there someday.
    Keika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Honoka K,
    I had visited all of them. The halls in Sapporo are great! I want to visit there again.
    Yu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Honoka,
    Hitaru is a huge and fantastic hall, isn't it?
    Now,I can't believe there were everyone of my friends on the entrance ceremony!

    Soshin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi HonokaK,
    I played the saxphone at Kitara and Kanamoto Hall many times because I was a member of brass band! I think they are so nice concert hall. But I have been to Hitaru only one time for our entrance ceremony. If I become a musician, I will held my concert at Hitaru and invite you!
    Honoka.S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,Honoka.
    I wanted to see "AIDA", but the ticket was sold out immediately. I envy that you enjoyed wonderful opera!
    (Miyu)

    ReplyDelete