Sunday 7 June 2020

Student Self‐Government Association

HUE: Student self‐government association

I’ll explain about the student self-government association which I belong to in our university. I really want many people to know much about what kind of work we do.

The Student self-government association is one of the student organizations in our university. Our main work is to hold the university festival and a welcome party for new students. However, there are other things to do. We ask the university to improve our environment. First, we contact representatives who are elected in each special field and request them to ask people who are in their field about demands for equipment or anything else they need. Then we hold a meeting and they tell us what the students want. Next, we make a document and submit it to the office of student affairs. In this time, we are asked for detailed information if it is needed. I heard reforming the restrooms in the lecture building was requested from students and it came true last year.

There are about 20 members in the association. We get along with each other, so we often gather in our room at lunchtime even if we don’t have any meetings and enjoy eating lunch together. Sometimes, especially after a meeting in the evening, kind senior students invite us to go to dinner.

All the members have to work hard but it is a very good experience. I hope more people read these sentences and understand more about the student self-government association.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aoi,
    You often seem to be busy. When I was a high school student, I was a member of a student council. So I understand how you feel. I know your work is so hard, but please take it eazy!
    Honoka K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Honoka K!
      You are so kind!! I'm very happy to have friends such as you!!
      Aoi

      Delete