Monday 22 June 2020

Gourmet Food in Otaru!!

I introduced sightseeing places in Sapporo on my last blog post. Today, I will introduce local speciality dishes in Otaru. Do you know Otaru? Otaru is a city which is a neighbor of Sapporo. It takes about 1 hour by train from Sapporo, so if you come to Sapporo, you should also visit Otaru! I have lived in Otaru since I was born, so I have a lot of information about the city. 


Narutoya


Narutoya is a famous restaurant. You can enjoy a variety of food at this restaurant. Especially, I recommend you to eat big fried chicken (It called wakadori no hanmiage in Japanese). You must be satisfied because it is hearty and delicious! The chicken skin is crisp, in addition, it and rice go well together. You would want to eat it again.


Kamaei

Kamaei is one of the famous kamaboko (steamed fish paste) shops. Actually, Otaru has been famous for kamaboko for about 100 years. Elementary school students who live in Otaru go to kamaboko shop for off-campus study. Kamaboko is comfort food of Otaru, so you have to eat kamaboko when you come. Kamaei offers a lot of kinds of kamaboko, above all, my recommendation is pan-roll. It is a kamaei’s special dish which is a dish of groundfish is wrapped with bread. My whole family likes it very much. I am sure you would like the dish.

Anyway, Otaru has a lot of good special products, so I want you to come to Otaru!!! (Miyu)

↓↓↓Please check the official information!!

naruto-ya.com/menu/content/0005.html

 https://www.kamaei.co.jp/

3 comments:

  1. Hi Miyu,
    I like Narutoya's fried chicken and Kamaei's kamaboko.
    Yesterday, I bought and ate Narutoya's small fried chicken, and it was tasty!
    I would like to go to the Narutoya restaurant someday..
    Honoka K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miyu!
    I like Otaru's food very much. The most impressive one is soft cream in Kitaichi-glass.
    Aoi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miyu,
    I like Kamaei's kamaboko too! I always buy the kamaboko when I go to Shinchitose airport. Especially, I love their Jagacorn!
    Kaori


    ReplyDelete