Tuesday 9 June 2020

The Hokkaido University of Education Yosakoi Team

Hi, my name is Kanami. 

I'll introduce my club team.

Hokkaido University of Education has a Yosakoi team called Ai & Moeholdings. 

It is a university club, but it includes not only university students but also various people living in Ainosato. For example, elementary school students, junior high school students, high school students, their parents, members of society and the elderly. Every member of the team thinks that their team is a big family! 

We practice Yosaki five times a week during spring and three times a week during from summer to fall. We always do our  best at the practice because we join the Yosakoi Soran Festival. It is a big Yosakoi festival which is held in the first week of June in Hokkaido every year. 

We performed ‘Hana-Warau’ Yosakoi in the festival last year. We did an original Yosakoi dance created by 3rd grade students in our university. Its theme is flowers bloom by overcoming a large storm. We perform it with happi coats which are designed with flowers and the kanji of our team name. The performance has not only supple dancing but also powerful dancing. We do it loudly with big smiles. It was very wonderful!!

We do different original Yosakoi dances every year. You can see them on the youtube channel of our team. Please check it!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8rIZQeFXAD2f2q1x0pLzzA



3 comments:

  1. Hi Kanami,
    When I first saw this happi coats I was very surprised that the happi coats were reversible. The purple side is cute and the black side is cool!
    I hope many freshman will take part in our Yosakoi team. Let's do our best to invite new students!
    Yu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kanami!
    It's a nice blog post! I have just known how fun Yosakoi is. May I join the club? Please contact me.
    Honoka Shimoju

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kanami!
    I have seen your dance several times and you were so cool! I'm looking forward to seeing next time!!
    Aoi

    ReplyDelete