Monday 15 June 2020

A Lovely City, Otaru

Hi,I’m Ririka! How are you?

In my previous post, I introduced Sapporo. However, there are a lot of amazing cities in Hokkaido.


Today, I recommend Otaru to you. I think it is famous for a lot of local food. Have you ever eaten Ankake Yakisoba? This is one of Otaru’s iconic foods. It seems similar to stir-fried noodles, but that’s not just it. It includes some seafood like squid and shrimp. Besides, a starchy sauce is put on the noodles. As you may know, it is called “Ankake”. I would like you to go to “Keien”. It is one of the most popular “ Ankake Yakisoba'' restaurants. I think it is delicious.



Probably, I think you would like to buy various souvenirs when you travel somewhere. If so, I’d like to mention Otaru’s music boxes. If you are interested in it, you should go to the Otaru Music Box Museum. You can relax, look at them and buy one. It’s a  brilliant souvenir for your friends or family. A lot of visitors come here every year and purchase them. Therefore, I’m sure you’ll love them as well. 


↑There are adorable music boxes too!!

https://kachimai.jp/hokkaido-travels/otaru-orgel/

I would like to tell you another good point regarding Otaru. In summer, there are some festivals. Ushio festival is especially famous. You can eat some tasty foods and see fireworks at night. It’s excellent sightseeing. Almost all people wear yukatas, which is a traditional Japanese garment when they go to the festival. I’m certain it’ll look good on you.




↑This is me and my friend! We’re charming, aren’t we?

https://www.tabirai.net/s/sightseeing/column/0000267.aspx


There's no reason not to go there! If you go there, please let me know your thoughts in the comment box. 


Have a wonderful time in Otaru. See you in the next post!


Ririka


4 comments:

  1. Hi Rirka,
    I like Otaru city too! When I visited Otaru, I went to many grasswork shops. They were very beautiful.
    But I didn't visit music box musium, so I want to go there next time.
    Yuno

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yuno,
      Me too~~~!!! I love grassworks as well!
      Ririka

      Delete
  2. Hi Ririka,
    I love the music box's sound, it makes me relax.
    Especially if it has Ghibli's music, it is perfect!

    Soshin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Soshin,
      I didn't know you like Ghibli. And, I like the music box's sound as well. Please give me it!

      Delete