Sunday 21 June 2020

Wild birds in Hokkaido

Hi everyone! Did you enjoy my previous post? I hope you did.

Anyway, do you like birds? I have six birds and I really love them! To be honest, I want to show off my birds but today, I’m going to introduce the wild birds of Hokkaido.



First,  I would like to introduce crows. I know they need no introduction but I want you to know my opinion. In fact, they are hated by many people who see them as harmful and I know sometimes they bother us. However, I think they behave like this to survive, never to bully us. That’s why, please don't hate or attack them!



Second,  I’d like to introduce this bird called Ohruri. The English name is a Blue-and-white Flycatcher. You can see them in April to October in Hokkaido and they often appear in woods nearby streams. In addition, they have incredible beautiful voices so when you hear such beautiful voices in woods, there are possibly Ohruris!



Seeing the picture above, you might already be aware of it but the last one is Shimaenaga. They have been very popular in Hokkaido recently because of their super cute look! 


Furthermore, because of its popularity, there is Shimaenaga food! However we don’t really eat them, we can eat ice cream that looks like Shimaenaga! To be honest, I haven’t tried it but I would love to!


  How cute!


I hope you can meet these fascinating birds and start to like crows! If you go driving in the countryside, please search for them.  


As I said before, please be careful about bears when you go to the mountains or woods! 


That’s all for today and thank you for reading my post. See you next time!

8 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I went to Toyohira river yesterday. And I saw a lot of wild birds like great gray gull and wild wagtail. Why don't we go bird watching together?
    Yu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I know wagtail!! they are small and beautiful. I want to see it actually!

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    I saw Shimaenaga for the first time! They are really cute and look like polar bear!
    Kaori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kaori
      Pole bear?? The colors are similar but the sizes are completely different!lol

      Delete
  3. Hi! You have six birds!? It's amazing!! I want to see them. Rika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rika!
      Yes I do, they are adorable, I recommend you to have birds!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I don't know that crow is such a cute bird. It's very nice picture.
    Yuno

    ReplyDelete