Sunday 7 June 2020

The Nippon Ham Fighters - A Great Baseball Team both on and off the Diamond


The Fighters are a baseball team in Hokkaido. The team became the Japan Series champion in 2016! The players always give a large spectator exciting performances in games. So, they like stars for Hokkaido people.


The players not only play in games but also take part in a lot of volunteer work! Now, I will talk about some volunteer work which they do.


1. Primary School Visits in Sapporo

The players visit primary schools to interact with children. For example, children can play some ball games with them and ask questions. These events are held every year. Surprisingly, by 2019, they had been to more than 90 schools!  The man who is in the picture is one of the best sluggers in Japan, Sho Nakata.


2.The Fighter’s Eco Project

This activity has continued since 2008. The purpose is to preserve Hokkaido’s nature. Recently they cleaned Toyohira-river, Chitose-river and Ishikari-beach with members of the general public.  People could wear replica Fighter’s uniforms at that time!



3. The Fighter’s Foundation

The Fighters also use a large amount of money to support sports, nature, and life in Hokkaido. They get funds from auctions, fund-raising campaigns, selling merchandise and tickets, and holding events.


The Fighters do various volunteer work. That’s why people in Hokkaido love the team. 

https://sp.fighters.co.jp

(Kaori)


4 comments:

  1. I didn't know that the players take part in a lot of volunteer work. I learn that they are great role models. Also, which seat do you recommend when I watch a beseball game? I want to watch it someday.
    Honoka K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend you to choose infield seats. The price is a little expensive but you can watch players performances clearly!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kaori

    I'm like Hanshin Tigers the best but I'm also rooting for Nippon Ham as a Dosanko.
    I'm looking forward to being the season restarted! Let's Fight!

    Soshin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Hanshin Tigers too! My favorite player is Yoshio Itoi. He is a great batter! I want to watch his performance in baseball stadium if I have time.

      Delete