Sunday 19 July 2020

The Areas I lived In ①

This time, I’ll introduce the towns where I had lived. I moved around in Sorachi several times. So, I will tell you about this topic in this blog and the next.

Yubari city


This city is famous as a district whose public finances collapsed but there are a lot of good points. Have you ever heard of Yubari melon? This melon is very juicy and its flesh is squashy, so this melon ripens quicker than others. There are many products which use Yubari melon and the most famous Yubari melon jelly. If you want to know more details, why don’t you check the homepage? Here is the link.

https://www.yubari-melon.or.jp/

In winter, I recommend skiing at Mount Racey. It has 18 courses.

Bibai city


I want to recommend this town as a nice quiet spot for sightseeing. We can eat delicious Yakitori and Torimeshi. There is other delicious food in Bibai and this city also has other points worthy of note. Kan Yasuda’s sculpture museum Arte Piazza Bibai is a good place if you want to relax. We can spend a nice time doing various things such as reading books, having tea or other things.




Another recommendation is Miyajima-swamp. This place is mentioned in the Ramsar Convention. We can observe a lot of birds.

If you want to go to stay, Yurinkan is good because it has an open-air bath which makes you feel like you are in a cave. If you’re interested in this town, please visit this site.

http://www.net-bibai.co.jp/bibai/index.html (Aoi)



2 comments:

  1. Hi Aoi,
    Miyajima-swamp is so beautiful. I never visit Yubari city so far. I will definitely visit the city someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keika!
    In Yubari, there is a movie festival! I also recommend this because famous actors sometimes come. I hope you will have a good time.

    ReplyDelete