Sunday 5 July 2020

HUE short term program (University of Washington)

Hi! I’m Honoka Shimoju. Today, I’ll introduce my experiencing in the US!


I went to the University of Washington which is located in Seattle for three weeks last September to study English and American culture. This is one of the programs which HUE’s students can apply through HUE’s international office.


The University of Washington known as UW and is famous for its huge and beautiful campus.



Also, It has a very big personal stadium for sports! Surprisingly, the capacity is 72,500!!




The Huskies are the university’s American football team.  I watched a game with my friends but it was extremely rainy, so we couldn’t watch the whole game. I was so sad … But it was so exciting to watch the game with friends!


And also, In Seattle, I went sightseeing alone at the weekends. I visited Space Needle which is a landmark of Seattle.


 

I talked in English with shoppers to bought a ticket to go to the top of the tower. I was so nervous but I was so excited!! Everyone who talked with me was extremely kind even though I couldn’t speak English fluently. I didn’t have the confidence to talk with someone in English before staying in Seattle but I noticed I could communicate with people from other countries in English when I don’t hesitate. 


My attitude changed during the last summer vacation. If you would like to go abroad on a short term program, I recommend you join this program after COVID-19 outbreak has finished. Every HUE student can join the program!


Thank you for reading. Have a nice day and see you in the next post!


4 comments:

  1. Hello Honoka S,
    Your experience was so exiting!
    What was your most memorable experience?
    Yuno

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yuno!
      Thank you for your comment. I was disturbed by the time difference between Japan and Seattle so I felt awful feeling which I had never experience before. This is a bad memory but I noticed how big the earth is. I will never forget it.
      Honoka.S

      Delete
  2. Hi Shimoju!
    I want to know more about your experience! Where was the best place you've visited?
    Aoi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aoi! How's it goin'?

      I visited the first store of Starbucks! I drunk a limited beverage there. It was so tasty.

      Honoka.S

      Delete