Saturday 18 July 2020

Cultural Anthropology ~ My seminar ~

Hi, today I’ll talk about the seminar which I’m participating in this year. This time I write in the form of Q&A, so I’m glad if you can enjoy reading my blog post!


Q1. What is Cultural Anthropology?


  1. Cultural anthropology is a branch of anthropology, and it is a study of human culture. It is very wide, in other words we can research anything related to humans. 




Q2. What do you specifically study in this seminar?


  1. For example, this year I studied about the tale of Tono which is a kind of folklore book from Iwate prefecture. After that, we try to read some old documents which are written in kuzushi-ji, cursive handwriting Japanese. Now we are studying an essay written by Heinrich Heine which is about greek mythological gods and Christianity.


Q3. What else can we study in this seminar?


  1. The examples I wrote in Q2 are the foundation of cultural anthropology, but I think some people are not interested in it. So I’ll give you other information. Cultural anthropology includes subculture, that is, for instance, manga or anime…...anything like this is OK! I have a senior who researches about Lupin the third.


Did you learn a little about Cultural anthropology? I’m happy if you got interested in it because of my blog!😊 Thanks for reading! (Sasa)


http://www.jasca.org/

https://www.minpaku.ac.jp/

https://shingaku.mynavi.jp/future/gakumon/6/


2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I know you are enthusiastic about this branch of learning. I want to hear about that from you sometimes.
    Aoi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear the class of cultural anthropology is difficult.
    I want to hear about this class.
    Momono

    ReplyDelete