Sunday 5 July 2020

DO YOU KNOW THEM?

POST3 


Hi guys! Did you enjoy my previous post about birds? 

Today I would like to introduce foods and stuff which are peculiar to  Hokkaido.


First, this is a very famous one, Zangi.  Do you know Zangi? 

Even if you don’t know Zangi, you may know kara-age which means deep-fried chicken.

The truth is that Zangi means kara-age! They have the same meaning but some say there is a little difference in the seasonings. Anyway, I’m not able to identify the difference between them.




Which is zangi? Please have a guess!


The next is Mamasan-dump! This is a kind of snow shovel but how come, Mamasan-dump  means mother’s dump. I did not know the reason so I researched it and found out. The reason why it was named Mamasan-dump is that it was made to help mothers! That's why it is light and easy to use for women! I recommend you to use it and help your family!








The last one is Okusan-oekaki-desuyo! Everyone living in Hokkaido knows this TV program.

The title means “Lady, it’s time to draw a picture!”. Literally, in the program, a lady draws a picture and an acquaintance guesses what she draws and answers it on the phone. Sometimes ladies draw interesting pictures and respondents are confused. It’s very funny. 

If you come to Sapporo, then you can join this program! It’s normally held at Sapporo station and there is often a mascot called Dosanko-kun so he is a sign the event is happening! Let's search for him!


           That’s all for today’s post! I hope you enjoy it and are interested in Hokkaido better than before,  See you in the next post!


Soshin


2 comments:

  1. Hi Soshin,
    I have wanted to participate in Okusan-oekaki-desuyo! for a long time. But, I'm not twenty years old yet. Therefore, I can't take part in it. Someday, when I can join this program, I want to get the prize definitely!!!
    Ririka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Soshin,
    In winter, my mother often uses Mamasan-dump and says it is very helpful.
    Thanks to Mamasan-dump, we can overcome every heavy winter in Hokkaido...
    Honoka K

    ReplyDelete