Sunday 5 July 2020

Hokkaido's Mango

Masyukonoyuhi

Do you know the mango called Masyukonoyuhi? As you know, mango is a tropical fruit. However, Masyukonoyuhi is grown in Hokkaido, where the cold winter is so severe. Now, I will talk about more things about Hokkaido’s mango!


1.How to Grow it

Masyukonoyuhi is grown in Teshikaga-town in Hokkaido. The town is famous for plenty of hot spring water. Mango farmers use abundant hot springs to keep the temperature of the plastic greenhouses at 20℃ to 30℃. Look at the picture, the plastic greenhouses are surrounded by snow! But, it is very warm like summer inside. Also, surprisingly, they use Hokkaido’s kelp as fertilizer!


2.Delicious Mango Sweets

If you want to eat sweets made from Masyukonoyuhi, you should visit a cafe called Morinohall and roadside service area in Teshikaga-town. First, you can eat mango tart in the cafe. This sweet is really popular! But, please remember You have to make a reservation if you’d like to eat this sweet. Second, you can drink mango juice at the roadside service area. This beverage is 100% Hokkaido’s mango juice. So, it is a luxury drink! Both prices are a little expensive, but these are really delicious! 



If you want to know more about Masyukonoyuhi, I recommend you check this website!
Kaori



5 comments:

  1. Hi Kaori,
    I'm surprised that the mango is grown in Hokkaido. I want to try it :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kaori,
    I don't know it and the story of green house surrounded by snow is interesting.
    Yuno

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kaori!
    It’s so yummy!!
    I love mango very much!! I didn’t know Hokkaido’s mango.
    So I want to try it!
    Momono

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi kaori, I didn't know mangoes were being made in Hokkaido. I want to try it. Rika

    ReplyDelete