Sunday 5 July 2020

Kitami

Hello!


I’d like to explain about Kitami this week. Kitami is my hometown which is a very rural area in Hokkaido. Almost 12 thousand people live there and most of them are elderly people.

This place is well-known for its agriculture. You can enjoy eating fresh vegetables in Kitami.

In addition, Kitami is famous for “yakiniku”. There are a lot of yakiniku restaurants and people also enjoy BBQ in front of their house especially in summer. I had lived in Kitami for 12 years until I became a junior high school student. I have precious memories about living there with my family. So, sometimes, when I visit Kitami, I feel nostalgic. When I was an elementary school student, I was really into life in Sapporo.


It has been 7 years since I started to live here. Now, I find Kitami more attractive than ever before.


I recommend you to visit Kitami library which was built 3 years ago and it makes you feel so comfortable to chill out or concentrate on your study. Also, there is a  very popular sushi restaurant which is called Toriton. There are many Toritons in Hokkaido but it was the first 

You can eat delicious sushi there.


Finally, you can feel cleaner air in Kitami and it would make you comfortable. So, please visit Kitami someday.


Keika



3 comments:

  1. Hi Keika,
    When I was little, my father worked in Kitami!
    However, I have never visited it.
    I would like to the first Toriton someday!
    Honoka K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? It's so surprising!
      Let's eat sushi together.

      Delete
  2. Hi Keika,
    I know that Hakka which is a type of mint is a famous product of Kitami. I often buy Hakka candy. I like it.
    Yu

    ReplyDelete