Monday 6 July 2020

Famous things of my hometown

Hi!
The last two posts I wrote about Royce, and recently I went to the rose garden, so please look at these first. There were many beautiful flowers.
Now, I’ll introduce some famous things from my hometown.
I’m from Otofuke town. Do you know it? Otofuke is located next to Obihiro city, in Tokachi. I think Obihiro is more famous than Otofuke. Anyway, let’s get into the main topic.
 1. Kachimai-Fireworks display
This event is held on around August 13th at Tokachi-river, which is located between Otofuke and Obihiro. The sponsor of this event is a newspaper publishing company, “Tokachi daily newspaper”, so the name is “Kachimai-Fireworks display”.
I think this is the most famous event of Tokachi. Many people come from all over the country.
These are the pictures I took last year. At that moment, many people cheered like “Whooof!!”. I was also impressed. I’ve seen this event every year ever since I can remember, so I’m very sad that this year it’ll not be held because of Covid-19.
2. Hanack
Hanack is the nickname, and the official name is Tokachigaoka park. It is a big flower clock and so beautiful. It is located in Otofuke, and nearby Tokachigawa-hot spring. Please visit there when you visit Tokachi. These are pictures I took last year.
3. Agriculture
Otofuke and Tokachi are also famous for agriculture. 
Actually, the production of wheat and soybean in Otofuke is number one in Japan. There is an original character of soybean. His name is “Ohsode-kun” named from “Ohsodefuri soybean(大袖振大豆)”. In my elementary school, his illustration was printed on dishes for school lunch. I’m not sure they are still used.
←He is Ohsode-kun.
Adzuki, potato, beet and carrot are also principal crops of Otofuke.
Many popular sweets companies like Rokkatei or Ryugetsu use Adzuki from Otofuke and Tokachi. I’m proud of my hometown. 
 Here are links related to Otofuke.
See you in the next post!
Yuno

3 comments:

  1. Hi Yuno, a big flower clock is very beautiful! I would like see this someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yuno!
    Your pictures of fireworks are fantastic!! If you take photos next time, would you show me them?
    Aoi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yuno,
    The rose garden and fireworks are spectacular! You're surrounded by beautiful things.
    Mifuyu

    ReplyDelete