Tuesday 7 July 2020

Erimo is a wonderful town!!

Hello! I am Miyu. Do you know Erimo town? My grandfather, grandmother, cousin,and her family live there, so I have been there many times. Today I will introduce a charming town, Erimo.

 First, do you know the site of Erimo? The town is on the tip of Hokkaido. The city is very far from Sapporo. It takes about four hours when I go there from my house.


If you visit, you should go to Cape Erimo. There is an enka song (=it is melancholic Japanese popular music) which name is “Erimomisaki” singing about Cape Erimo. It was sung by Mori Shinichi in 1974. A Karaoke contest where people can sing only Erimomisaki is held in the town festival.  Because of this song, Cape Erimo is very popular place.

You can enjoy various things there. First, you can enjoy the magnificent Pacific Ocean’s view. If it is sunny, you can also watch seals through a telescope. They are very cute. And, there is a facility which is called “
Kaze no yakata” (windy mansion). Erimo is known as one of the windiest areas in Japan. When I was child, I enjoyed kite flying there. In the facility, people can go to experience strong wind with a velocity of 25 meters per second.
  

It must be a good memory for you to visit Erimo town! I want a lot of people to visit there!!(Miyu)


↓Please check detailed information!!

https://www.town.erimo.lg.jp/kankou/index.html

https://www.town.erimo.lg.jp/kaze/index.html







4 comments:

  1. Hi ,Miyu,
    I haven’t ever been to Erimo!
    I want to visit Erimo and go cape Erimo.
    I want you to tell me the hotel we can stay in Erimo!
    Momono

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miyu!
    I read the homepage of Kaze no yakata. There are many goods. What is your recommendation?
    Aoi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miyu! I want to go Erimo. How long does it take to drive to Erimo? Rika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miyu,
    I didn't know we can watch seals in Hokkaido, but I know Mori Sinich! XD
    Mifuyu

    ReplyDelete