Sunday 5 July 2020

My Memory with The Hokkaido Shiki Theatre ①

Do you know Shiki Theatre Company(劇団四季)? It is one of the most famous theatre companies in Japan and called "Shiki" by many fans. Shiki has some dedicated theatres and one of them was located in Sapporo, called The Hokkaido Shiki Theatre. It was closed last March.



I am into seeing plays, especially Shiki's musicals. So today, I would like to write about my first memory of the Hokkaido Shiki Theatre.


~My First Visit~

It was May 7th, 2016 that I visited Hokkaido Shiki Theatre for the first time. I saw Wicked.





Wicked is a story connected to "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz". And it is a story about why Wicked Witch of the West had to become a wicked witch even though she was an ordinary girl, except that she could use magic and her skin was green.






I was moved not only by the story but also by their performance, stage costumes, and stage settings. I have been into Shiki Theatre Company since then.


Also, I started studying English harder because I would like to understand the Broadway-version lyrics. I want to go to Broadway and the West End someday.


Now Wicked is not playing anywhere in Japan. If it returns, I want to go and see wherever it is.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Honoka!
    Actually I have never seen Shiki. I want to see their play someday.
    Yuno

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Honoka!
    I like seeing plays. I saw The Lion King twice at the Hokkaido Shiki Theatre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Honoka!
    I have seen wicked too!
    It was amazing and impressive.
    Keika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Honoka!
    I love Shiki Theater Company.
    My favorite program is lion king. And I want to see “Araddin” !!
    Momono

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Honoka,
    Same as you, I also like musicals of Shiki Theater Company! I met you by chance at the theater, right?
    Sasa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Honoka! I have never seen musicals of Shiki Theater Company so I want to see it! Rika

    ReplyDelete