Thursday 8 July 2021

Hokkaido Vegetables

Hello, everyone.

Today, I would like to introduce some of Hokkaido's famous vegetables.

Hokkaido has a lot of famous vegetables and is called “a vegetable kingdom”. For example, potatoes, corn, and onions. I like these vegetables so much, so I’ll tell you the good way to cook and eat them.

 

First, how do you eat potatoes? Curry rice, fried potatoes, or nikujaga? These dishes are very delicious and easy to cook. However, I will recommend to you my favorite dish.

This is imo mochi, Hokkaido's traditional and common dish. I do want you to make and eat it! The way to make it is only by mixing boiled potatoes and cornstarch, after that, bake it. That’s all. It is so easy, isn’t it? You should try imo mochi once!

 

Second, I will introduce my favorite vegetable, corn. The amount of harvested corn in Hokkaido is the biggest in Japan. Corn from Hokkaido is very sweet and delicious, so you should eat it just by baking it with soy sauce. 

My family always do so when we have a barbeque.

 

Last, the vegetables you should eat are onions! I guess many people don’t like onions because of their flavor. However, fresh onions are not spicy, so everyone can eat it, even a child. The best way to eat is onion soup. This dish is so easy to cook. All you have to do is microwave an onion and cook soup and the microwaved onion on low heat.

 


Looks very delicious! I always cook it when I want to eat something hot.

 

How was today's blog? I do want you to eat more vegetables than now.

 

Thank you for reading this blog!

(How to make imo mochi)

(How to make onion soup)



No comments:

Post a Comment