Friday 9 July 2021

Hokkaido Dialects

 Hokkaido Dialect

Hi everyone!

Today I will talk about Hokkaido dialects.

Ever since I was born, I’ve lived in hokkaido. So maybe I don't notice it usually, but I think I use dialects.

Firstly, I think  “Gomi Wo Nageru” is the most popular one. This means throwing the trash away, but people except Hokkaido people say “Gomi Wo Suteru ''. ”Nageru '' is usually used when just throwing or pitching something.

Secondly, “chokkiri” is the one that I didn't know was Hokkaido dialect and was surprised by.

This means just or exactly. People except Hokkaido people say “Pittari or Choudo”


Thirdly, ”Sa~”. This is used at the end of a sentence and plays a role of “and”.  I think this is often used between young people. I use this expression frequently.

            

         “Kinou sa~, Kaimono ni ittara sa~, sensei ni atte sa~”

          =Yesterday I went shopping and I met my teacher, and 





Lastly, “tsuppe”. Do you know what “tssupe'' is?

This is twisted tissue paper and used to stop nosebleeds or runny nose.

 


Did you enjoy learning about Hokkaido four dialects?

Please talk with your friends or family from Hokkaido, and find other dialects! 


Hokkaido dialects ~What is "Chos"?~

https://hokkaidolikers.com/archives/38526

Hokkaido dialects ~Is this one of dialects? ~

https://www.jalan.net/news/article/460829/


No comments:

Post a Comment