Friday 11 June 2021

The Blue Pond in Biei

 



Date: 6/1/2021
Hi, I’m Maya.
Today, I am writing a blog about the Blue Pond in Biei.

Do you know the location of Biei?

Biei is located in Dohoku which is part of northern Hokkaido. If you go to Biei from Sapporo, you'll spend more than 3 hours driving by car.

(photo: 3/31/2020)


Why did we visit this place?

Reason①


The Blue Pond in Biei is famous to people who live in Hokkaido.

The pond was created by a dam that was constructed in 1989 to protect from help protect the area from volcanic mudflow.

In addition, the water contains fine particles such as aluminium hydroxide. When these particles mix with the water colloids are produced. A colloid is a particle of one substance, and when it is exposed to sunlight, it appears to reflect blue light. (reference:青い池 - Wikipedia)

Reason②

Its appearance changes every season and every time. Even a slight breeze will change the pond’s appearance. If it’s the day with no wind, you can see the pond as if a big mirror, like the picture below.

By the way, I went sightseeing in Biei with my friend in the fall when I was a university student in grade 1.


 

(photo: 3/31/2021)


    

(photo: 3/31/2021)


Reason③

You can see a beautiful landscape and have fun eating delicious food. I ate a hamburger.
This hamburger was very filling and delicious. I recommend the hamburgers but this shop also sells hotdogs and juice.

Everything there is phenomenal and I highly recommend this food shop!

(photo:3/31/2021)


I highly recommend you to go to those places!


No comments:

Post a Comment