Friday 24 June 2022

 

My recommended sweets in Hokkaido


 Hello, everybody! My name is Tomoyoshi Kanai.

Today, I am going to introduce three sweets I really love. I lived in Tokyo, so when I came to Hokkaido from Tokyo, I always bought what I am about to introduce.

 

1. Anbatasan (あんバタサン)

                         

This is “Anbatasan”. Have you ever eaten it before? I knew it because the main character ate it in my favorite drama on TV. It is a cookie sandwich with cream with red bean paste. This cookie is not too hard but it is crunchy. The cream also is not too sweet and very easy to eat. You should eat it when you want to eat something light. It is 600yen for a package of four.

 

2. Red Sairo(赤いサイロ)

                 

This is “red sairo” from the Seigetsu company in Kitami. Maybe you have already heard this name of cake. Do you know why? Because a member of the curling team, Loco Solare, ate it between matches in the Olympic games. At that time, this cake became so explosively popular that some people could not buy it. It is cheese cake. It is not large, so you can eat it by yourself. It tastes so rich and great! It is 840 yen for five packages. I think you will like it!

 

3.Haskap Jewelry(ハスカップジュエリー)

      


This is “haskap jewelry”. It is my most favorite sweets. It is a cake with haskap jam sandwiched between cookies. In addition, it's coated with chocolate all around. Haskap is a specialty fruit in Hokkaido. It is refreshing and has a sweet taste. The dough is so crunchy. Moreover, as you can see in the picture, there is a white chocolate version. It started about 44 years ago. Many people have loved it for a long time. It is 1110 yen for 6 pieces You should eat it as a reward.

 

 

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment